Prospective applicants for Summer / Fall 2023 admission should consult the timeline below.
Attend an information session to learn about the McCall MacBain Scholarships, study options at McGill, the application process, and more. Each one-hour information session includes time for Q&A. See our schedule of events.
Scholarship Applications Open
The scholarship application will be available starting June 1, 2022.
International Scholarship Applications Due
If you do not have Canadian citizenship, permanent residency, or refugee status and your current / most recent degree is not from a university in Canada or the United States, you must submit your scholarship application by August 25, 2022 at 4 PM Eastern Time. This deadline includes the submission of both reference forms.
Canada & US Scholarship Applications Due
If you have Canadian citizenship, permanent residency or refugee status or your current / most recent degree is from a university in Canada or the United States, you must submit your scholarship application by September 21, 2022 at 4 PM Eastern Time. This deadline includes the submission of both reference forms.
McGill Applications Open
McCall MacBain Scholarship applicants must apply directly to McGill for at least one eligible full-time master’s or professional program.
Program admission timelines and requirements vary, so please research the ones that interest you. McCall MacBain Scholarship applicants must apply by the program deadline or by mid-December 2022 at the latest if selected for final interviews.
McGill admissions generally open in September for the following Fall semester. Visit the McGill Graduate Admissions website for more information.
After assessment, more than 200 Canadian and international semi-finalists will be invited to regional interviews.
Your interviewers will be leaders who reflect a wide range of disciplines and life experiences. The interview process is an opportunity for you to tell us about your background, experiences, aspirations, and academic interests.
Most Canadian semi-finalists will participate in in-person regional interviews, while most international semi-finalists will have their regional interviews online. The interview region depends on where you attend or attended university.
- Latin America and the Caribbean (online): October 5-6
- Sub-Saharan Africa (online): October 11-12
- South Asia (online): October 18-19
- East Asia, Southeast Asia & Oceania (online): October 25-26
- Middle East, North Africa, Central Asia & Russia (online): October 26-27
- Canada – Atlantic (in-person, Halifax): November 5
- Canada – Prairies (in-person, Winnipeg): November 5
- Europe & UK (online): November 6-8
- United States – East (online): November 8-9
- Canada – Alberta (in-person, Edmonton): November 12
- Canada – British Columbia (in-person, Vancouver): November 13
- United States – West (online): November 15-16
- Canada – Ontario (in-person, Toronto): November 19
- Canada – Québec (in-person, Montréal): November 26
- Canadians abroad and international students at Canadian universities (online): December 2
Final Interviews in Montréal
After regional interviews, 50 Canadian finalists and 30 international finalists will be invited to final interviews in Montréal. Travel costs and accommodations will be covered.
Arrival on Campus
If you are selected as a McCall MacBain Scholar, you and your fellow scholars will arrive on campus in September 2023.